Thursday, February 15, 2007

Busy day, not much cooking

I woke up starving this morning after a restless night of sleep. I think I had too much sugar the night before. I decided to make eggs seasoned with garlic salt, black pepper, soy sauce (yes, I put soy sauce in everything), and some dried herbs - I can't remember which one I used. I sauteed diced onions first, added the egg, then added quartered grape tomatoes. I served it with a couple of tangerines for sweetness.



With a break between doctor's appointments, we came back home for some lunch. Just leftovers from last night's dinner, nothing too fancy.

After two more doctor's appointments and lots of walking around, I was too exhausted and cramped to cook the chicken fried rice I had planned for dinner. We opted for a nearby chinese restaurant Chef Liu (Mountain View) and ordered to go: beef fried rice ($5) and green onion beef ($7.95). Man, do they give you tons of food! It definitely satisfied my craving for beef.




I also told myself I would not have any sweets tonight so I can get some good sleep. I couldn't resist that bright lime green jiggler in the fridge, so here I am, up and energized again.

No comments: