Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Valentine's Surprise

I had breakfast in bed this morning! There was even a menu for me to order from :)



I ordered the buttermilk waffles with syrup, a side of fresh strawberries, and potatoes with onions, bellpeppers, and salsa.



For lunch, I made chicken and cheese quesadillas. The chicken was marinated in salt, black pepper, garlic salt, soy sauce, dried parsley, and dried oregano, served on a tortilla with mild cheddar cheese and a side of salsa. I was too hungry, I did not take photos.

The special Valentine's Day dinner was simple and tasty!

Eazy Cheesy Pennette:
I sauteed some freshly chopped garlic in olive oil. Next came diced white onion. After sweating the onion, I added ground beef that was seasoned with garlic salt, black pepper, and dried basil. After browning, I added a simple marinara sauce and seasoned with more salt and basil. While this sauce simmered, I started to cook the pennette very al dente. Once finished, I added it to the sauce, tossed the mixture with mozzarella and grated parmesan cheese. I then topped it with even more mozzarella and parmesan (I really adore cheese). The pan was covered in foil and baked in the oven for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. After baking, I took the foil off and broiled it for ten more minutes. Voila!



This dish was served in our very cool square bowls and topped with basil and parmesan cheese.

For dessert, I was feeling a bit nostalgic for childhood sweets, so I made lime Jell-o and chocolate pudding. No pictures, I couldn't figure out a way to nicely present bright green Jell-o.

No comments: