Friday, July 4, 2008

weight loss

i was always afraid i would have trouble losing baby weight since it's such a common occurrance for most moms in america. well, i can honestly say stress and no sleep will make you lose that weight, and then some! i weighed myself the other day while at orion's dr. appt. i was 96.8 pounds, and that was fully clothed. my family and friends constantly say i'm too skinny, they ask if i eat enough, and my answer is always the same: it's stress and no sleep! and i pig out on food all the time! before i was pregnant, i weighed 102 pounds. i wore a size 1. now, even size 0 is too big, and i have a closet full of clothes that no longer fit.

maybe working out will bulk me a up a bit and i won't be so skinny anymore? marinella told me i look so frail. i don't want to look frail! i want to look fit, and most of all, feel fit. i need to go to the gym, or at least have some kind of workout regimen at home. running around chasing orion is not enough for my body.

i also feel i am getting more sleep in comparison to last year, when orion was only an infant. he sleeps about 3 hours at a time now, and my body has gotten used to this routine of waking up in the middle of the night to feed him. oh i also forgot to mention that breastfeeding will also drop pounds fast too. i unfortunately overdid the whole breastfeeding/pumping thing which turned me into this "frail" person. sigh...

ok so back to the gym. my goal is to reintroduce pilates and yoga into my life (it's been years since i've done it regularly). i already inflated my exercise ball so that is also a great piece of equipment at home (and also entertains orion when he needs a good laugh). AND, finally, at least i am back to cooking and eating healthy foods again.

No comments: