Friday, June 27, 2008

welcome #3?

we have moved yet again. after a crazy stay at LPCH a few months ago, we decided living closer to the hospital was ideal. so....another new kitchen! we had hoped to stay in this apartment for a long time, but we are already setting plans for moving back down south.

anyway, we love our new dwelling. it's in a quaint little area, close to everything we need, and the layout of our place is much more spacious than our sf apt. orion has his own room, so it's much easier for him to sleep. this place is much less cluttered with toys in comparison to our last apt, so it's easier on my eyes.

we are getting the hang of our routine. it's nice that orion has a daily ritual, so it's predictable and i can set my schedule a bit easier. he's usually in bed by 9pm which leaves me the rest of the night for household chores and personal time. bo has been working insane hours, so i have been quite busy with the little guy. i think he's getting bored of me :( he misses dad a lot.

i haven't really been cooking much, i am losing motivation! i haven't been feeling all that well lately, which leaves me with little time and energy to cook full-blown meals. i must try though because I'M getting bored with my own food, which means my family must be too. i also have to state that my brain is in "high-calorie" mode since orion's on a special butter-oil-butter diet. this is not helping my tummy at all! weird though, one of my best friend's said i'm the skinniest she's ever seen me and i look frail. how sad. so i really need to make sure we all eat healthy, good calories and fats, and orion will have his extra butter-oil combo on his plate only. i have been more careful about what i choose at the market. i typically shop at trader joes, and i only buy whole wheat pasta and bread now (though we still eat white jasmine rice), lots of bright fruits and veggies, if we are going to have meat i buy turkey, pork and fish. orion loves tofu, but our local trader joes only offers one kind of tofu??? he really likes anything that's very saucy, but he also hates tomato sauce. seriously, i can't eat alfredo sauce all the time. i want to bake more, especially breads and desserts. so many things i want to do.

i've also decided i really need to break down my blog even more. i want to keep a high-calorie diet section so i can have my ideas out. that way, when i'm not sure what to give orion, i can refer to my blogs and remind myself of his favorites.

time for bed. i have an achy back and i need to rest while i can!

No comments: